We love our freedom and privacy. It’s a fact that we all agree with and there’s no point debating it. In the age of Internet, however, people face new challenges that are specific to the web. While it is true that some percentage of users wouldn’t care about their private info being accessed by third parties (there are a lot of articles about How NSA tracks computers), there’s a good portion of individuals and business entities who seek secure and safe internet.
Most of us use the Internet on a daily basis without suspecting that our browser history or Facebook chat correspondence might be tapped the government or say a random hacker who knows about everything we do on-line. It is a scary thought and forces us to reconsider every aspect of our Internet lives.
There are few things to start with:
· Ensure your Operating System is protected from viruses, malware and phishing scams
· Enable or Install a Firewall program and deny all ingoing and outgoing traffic (with the exception of certain gates for certain programs and activities so that you can access the Internet)
· Use strong passwords (alphanumerical characters with uppercase and lowercase letters)
· Update your software as new stable versions roll out
You may also interested in our previous posts:
Revenge of the Suits
All of the above steps would surely assist a lot with preventing a hacker’s attack and phishing schemes. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that Big Brother’s not watching you while you take all of those security measures and desperately try to preserve your privacy. There is a number of cases exposed to masses which reveal the real deal including documents leaked by Edward Snowden.
There is, however, a way to make ‘Big Brother’ think you’re in a Galaxy far far away or simply make your location anonymous using a Proxy server. It also works great when you need to access a service banned in your country. Proxy, however, does not hide or encrypt what you do on-line (your browser and download history for example).
To make sure you’ve got that covered as well, you should use a VPN to encrypt all of your internet traffic.
Privatoria Tor integrated Proxy service offers great benefits:
· It’s easy to use (just enter your credentials and enjoy anonymous surfing)
· 63+ countries for connection (choose any location you want with a single click)
Privatoria VPN service offers great benefits:
· L2TP/Ipsec as a default encryption algorithm/protocol with additional support for other popular options
· All of your traffic is encrypted with no logs written
Read our post about What is the difference between VPN and Proxy?
We all chat a lot on-line using our laptops, desktops, tablets and smart phones. We do it at home, when we go outside, at work…the list can go on. The important thing is we do not always acknowledge the fact that security means we use for communication are easy to break. Privatoria offers a way to protect your private communications with our dedicated solutions for secure chatting and anonymous e-mails.
Secure Chat features the latest and greatest security solutions:
· WebRTC-based communication that uses dedicated browser windows
· New 6-digit pass-code for each new session
· No logs are written on the server, connection is direct
· No limits on the size of media and chatting
You may also find this video useful for you. It describes how to use Privatoria Secure Chat and Calls solution.
Secure e-mail, on the other hand, has a number of benefits as well:
· end-to-end encryption
· secure SSL connection
· easy-to-use web interface with the ability to use any e-mail client as an alternative
The Cloud Strikes Back
Cloud storage is becoming more and more popular these days and there’s a good reason for that. We like to back-up our files and share them wirelessly with friends/coworkers without using thumb drives or any other physical devices. Most of the popular services, however, do not offer encryption; which can be a problem for users with private data or business secrets. Privatoria takes care of that too so you can seamlessly share or store your files in an encrypted state.
Privatoria Secure Data Storage and Secure FTP:
· Time-limited (the file is purged from the server after 24 hours or right away after it is downloaded by the recipient)
· SSL encrypted channel for transferring files and AES 256 bit end-to-end encrypted storage
· Max file size up to 1 GB
· Each file has a unique ID as protection
· Files uploaded via FTP are stored as bits of encrypted data and can only be decrypted using your credentials
The Force Awakens
At the end of the day we have to take care of the aspects of our digital life in order to gain ultimate privacy and security. It is important to always have virus protection, firewalls and updates to protect ourselves from basic Internet threats and scams. Privatoria also offers a bundle of security services such as VPNs, Proxies, Secure Chat/E-mail and Secure Data Storage/FTP to ensure you also have your data protected from any unauthorized access. Secure and private Internet does exist so may the force be with you as you experience it!
Try Privatoria for free and let us know what tricks do you use to avoid tracking!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Interested? Try it!
We are happy to announce the start of Bring-a-Friend program that gives an opportunity to get a month of FREE security […]
Travelling is Life. Travelling is Freedom. Full stop. No further comments, explanations or reasons are required to make you join […]
Black Friday sale from Privatoria is coming! Get 70% OFF for your anonymous and secure web surfing. A great chance […]