Iran’s telecommunications minister has said his technicians are developing a system to identify any Internet user in the country at the moment of log-on. He didn’t reveal how exactly this would be done.
“Because of our efforts, in future when people want to use the Internet they will be identified, and there will be no web surfer whose identity we do not know,” Mahmoud Vaezi said, without elaborating on how this would technically be done.
Earlier this year, the “moderate” President called on some of the country’s most hard-line clerics to relax their attitude towards the web, saying that an open internet is essential to be able to educate the nation’s youth, to give them greater “knowledge and science” capabilities.
His government were given one month to ban social networking apps, or the judiciary would take matters into their own hands. Well, it appears they are doing just that.
The authorities regularly block access to networks including Facebook, YouTube and Twitter since public protests against the 2009 re-election of Rouhani’s predecessor, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. In October 2014, Iran prevented access to an Instagram page devoted to the lifestyle of Tehran’s young elite that stirred indignation in the sanctions-hit country.
Running alongside this plan is one that will block harmful and offensive content found on websites, which means that the majority of content available for Iranians to access will be governmental propaganda.
Mahmoud Vaezi told the Isna new agency that “The first phase of smart on-line filtering will be ready within a month, a second phase within three months and a third within six months.”
Well, but you do not have to play by their rules!
Official figures show that more than 30 million people out of Iran’s total population of 75 million use the Internet.
A recent study found that 69% of young users use special software to bypass official restrictions.
One of such solutions is Privatoria VPN.
Our mission is to uphold the right for privacy which is guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. There is no need to download any application. You just put settings to your desktop or mobile device and surf absolutely secure and anonymous without any filters.
Key Benefits of Privatoria VPN Software:
· You can unblock websites which are not available in your region.Your access to the forum has been banned.
· Want to surf anonymously? We will hide your IP address and location by giving you our own IP address. Surf securely without footprints and with your online privacy being untouched.
· No technical expertise is required to connect to Secure VPN. Privatoria VPN works in all devices.
· No personal data are required.
· Privatoria can see neither your geographical location nor any browsing details which gives you more confident browsing experience.
· Secure VPN is established through protected connection and, thus, only encrypted information will be visible to the provider.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask us in comments.
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
We are giving away Privatoria VPN Lifetime to a fortunate user who will take part in this Giveaway contest! Participation […]
Today we can no longer use the Internet anonymously. Big IT companies put a lot of efforts into online surveillance. […]
Everyone likes to have more, no matter what it is – money, love, health or security! Let’s see how you […]