Viscosity is a popular OpenVPN client for Mac OS X and Windows. Unlike official OpenVPN client, it allows to manually enter all the settings using a GUI (official client asks for config files). The set-up process is fairly simple but it requires entering a lot of different settings. Today we showcase how you can easily do that.
Follow these instructions to get your Privatoria VPN running:
1. Run Viscocity.app and go to Preferences.
2. Choose “New Connection”
3. In the “General” tab enter enter “gateway-us.privatoria.net” server address (that is the US server), “1194 UDP” port and “tun” device. Enable IPv6 if your network supports it.
4. In the tab “Authentication” choose “SSL/TLS” authentication type. Upload the CA certificate to the required field. The CA certificate is a part of our config file for other OpenVPN clients.
You can retrieve it from there or request the ready certificate from our support.
5. In the tab “Options” tab check the required check-boxes as shown below.
6. In the “Networking” tab you can specify if you want to route all traffic via VPN and provide custom DNS servers if you need that. Privatoria Secure DNS is used by default with our VPN.
You can save your settings now.
7. Go to “Advanced” section on the main panel and verify if you can that the same check-boxes (as we show below) are enabled.
That’s it! You can now run Privatoria VPN via Viscosity OpenVPN client.
And enter Privatoria login credentials at the prompt:
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Interested? Try it!
There are different types of protection against thieves, both real and virtual. Offline, you can use locks and keys, fences […]
Committing digital suicide? Or just going incognito? An average American citizen has more than 130 personal accounts. It means approximately […]
There is much to recommend Privatoria. Most importantly, it keeps no logs at all and is ridiculously cheap. Although it […]