Viscosity is a popular OpenVPN client for Mac OS X and Windows. Unlike official OpenVPN client, it allows to manually enter all the settings using a GUI (official client asks for config files). The set-up process is fairly simple but it requires entering a lot of different settings. Today we showcase how you can easily do that.
Follow these instructions to get your Privatoria VPN running:
1. Run Viscocity.app and go to Preferences.
2. Choose “New Connection”
3. In the “General” tab enter enter “gateway-us.privatoria.net” server address (that is the US server), “1194 UDP” port and “tun” device. Enable IPv6 if your network supports it.
4. In the tab “Authentication” choose “SSL/TLS” authentication type. Upload the CA certificate to the required field. The CA certificate is a part of our config file for other OpenVPN clients.
You can retrieve it from there or request the ready certificate from our support.
5. In the tab “Options” tab check the required check-boxes as shown below.
6. In the “Networking” tab you can specify if you want to route all traffic via VPN and provide custom DNS servers if you need that. Privatoria Secure DNS is used by default with our VPN.
You can save your settings now.
7. Go to “Advanced” section on the main panel and verify if you can that the same check-boxes (as we show below) are enabled.
That’s it! You can now run Privatoria VPN via Viscosity OpenVPN client.
And enter Privatoria login credentials at the prompt:
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
Not afraid of ghosts but scared of hackers? Use Privatoria to be protected & get 30% discount! The offer is […]
We are giving away Privatoria VPN Lifetime to a fortunate user who will take part in this Giveaway contest! Participation […]
Today we can no longer use the Internet anonymously. Big IT companies put a lot of efforts into online surveillance. […]